Adapted from the Kellog’s Rice Krispie recipe, this doubled recipe will make the treats extra thick! I used the Kellog’s brand Rice Krispies, but you can use generic if you prefer. Though I don’t recommend using generic marshmallows or graham crackers. To crush the crackers, I use an unopened package and just give it a few squeezes with my fingers to get chunky pieces, not crumbs.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 packages (10 oz.) Miniature Marshmallows
- 12 cups cocoa crispies cereal
- 8 regular size graham crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl heat butter and 20 oz marshmallows on high for 2+ minutes stirring after one minute. The goal is to get everything melted and stirred together, but only just. Over melting will result in stiff marshmallows and too-crunchy treats. Stir until smooth. Microwave cooking times may vary.
2. Add cocoa crispies cereal, chocolate morsels, and cracker pieces. Stir until well coated. Gently stir until combined.
3. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.