Like many recipes lately, I saw these on Pinterest. They’re originally posted at Blog Chef and are ridiculously easy to pull together, make for an easy next-day meal and best of all, the kids liked them. Melty cheese, fresh ingredients on top and soft tortillas make for a great weekday meal!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4.5 ounce can diced green chili peppers
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 15 oz. can chili without beans
- 10.75 oz. can condensed tomato soup
- 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 12 inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook ground beef while chopping up with a spatula or spoon. Cook while chopping until browned. Add onion and cook until translucent. Drain the grease and season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in green chilies and refried beans. Mix until well blended. Turn off heat and keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan combine chili, tomato soup, and enchilada sauce. Cook until heated through and bubbling. Keep warm.
- Place a warmed tortilla onto a platter, and spoon about a ½ cup of the ground beef mixture onto the center of the tortilla. Roll up the tortilla over the filling. Spoon a generous amount of the chili/enchilada sauce over the top of the burrito and sprinkle cheese over the top of the sauce. Microwave for 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted. Top with lettuce, tomato, and green onions.