This was a super simple, super tasty recipe from Eat Cake for Dinner.
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boxes 14 oz Chinese Style Lo Mein Noodles
- 1 1/3 cups celery, chopped diagonally
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (heaping) cabbage, chopped
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and black pepper; set aside.
- Start water to boil for noodles.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet. Add celery and onion and saute for several minutes until onions become soft and transparent.
- Cook Lo Mein noodles according to directions on the box.
- Add cabbage to onion and celery, then saute another few minutes until soft. Add cooked noodles and soy sauce mixture then heat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until noodles are heated through. Serve immediately.