This salad found at How Sweet is filling, crispy, savory and a perfect way to start a new year! It made enough for 4 adults with two smaller lunch portions the next day.
- 2 heads of curly kale, leaves removed from stem and torn
- 1 cup fresh tart cherries, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Directions for Salad
- Place kale in a large bowl, and add about 1/4 cup of the strawberry vinaigrette. Massage and rub dressing into kale with your hands, then let the kale sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in salt, pepper, cherries, berries & almonds. Mix until kale is coated with the dressing then add avocado and gently toss.