These are a tradition at our house every year at Christmas. I always had them growing up, and when my kids came along, they adopted the love of these little addictions. Salty, crunchy, savory and warm they’re the perfect appetizer to throw on any holiday plate.
You can use regular bacon but I prefer the leaner, much less greasy texture of the turkey bacon.
- 2 cans water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package turkey bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cooking sherry
Preheat Oven 350 degrees
- Cut each chestnut in half then wrap a slice of bacon (a third of a piece) around the chestnut, secure with a toothpick and place in a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Mix the Worcestershire Sauce and sherry then pour over the wrapped chestnuts.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the bacon has begun to brown and get a little crispy.