Kay, look. It’s four days before Christmas and while we are, in general, eating real food I’m also doing a lot of baking and since most of the food that we’re eating has been Good Stuff’d already you’re going to get a few more goodies before I jump back on the real food band-wagon. Just roll with it, have one of these cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything and enjoy!
If your nutmeg doesn’t have a sprinkle-top lid, just use a flour sifter!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg for sprinkling (optional)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets, 1″ apart. Bake for 21-24 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown.
- Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula. Makes about 36 cookies.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup eggnog (might need more or less)
- In small mixer bowl, beat the powdered sugar and butter until well blended. Gradually beat in eggnog until icing is smooth and the desired consistency. You may need less or more depending on the consistency you like.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg after you ice the cookies.