Back in the day, when I lived in Utah, Miss Rachel used to whip up some of the best food for us! Besides the Crunchy Lime “scrimps”, she pulled this effortless cake together and until the other day, when I stumbled on it while browsing old recipes, I’d forgotten about it! It’s moist, sweet and completely worth making again and again!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all cake ingredients in a large bowl and pour into a 13×9 cake dish.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix frosting ingredients in a bowl, mix well then spread over cooled cake.
Did you enjoy this recipe, the photos found here, or Good Stuff in general? Head over to Facebook and like the page! When you Share a recipe (using the social media buttons below each post) with friends and family you’re helping to make the world a better place. And it makes me happy. Mostly it makes me happy. It also helps me, and all the other food blogs used here, to keep doing what we love doing; sharing good food. Thanks for visiting! – Shanna