I saw this recipe at Real Mom Kitchen and, given my love for Chili Cheese Fritos, I knew I had to try it. I did change a few things including making my own Catalina dressing since it’s fast, easy and I like knowing exactly what I’m eating. You know, like the what’s in the red and yellow bag of Fritos that I’m currently wolfing down now that dinner has come and gone.
The dressing, found at Food makes about a cup and a half of dressing and I didn’t use all of it in the salad because I don’t like a runny salad. I used about a half a cup but you can use as much as you like.
- 14.5 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 10.5 oz. container grape tomatoes, quartered
- 6 oz. can of chopped olives
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 10.5 oz. bag of Chili Cheese Fritos
Catalina Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a big bowl except the Fritos.
- In a large measuring/pour-easy dish mix all the dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour as much of the dressing as you like over the salad and toss well. Refrigerate until ready to eat, pour the Fritos over top of your salad and enjoy!