Popcorn popped this way is so light and fluffy. Full of air instead of the chemicals the microwave varieties can have. Now I have to be honest, once I made this a few dozen times I went out and bought one of these little babies and haven’t looked back since, but the concept is the same!
There are countless things you can do with popcorn to add tons of flavor without all the additives.
We also tried cinnamon sugar and salt but don’t forget plain salt. There’s just something oddly satisfying about sitting down to watch a movie at home with a big bowl of warm, salted popcorn.
- 1/4 cup popping corn, un-popped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- brown paper lunch bag
1. IF you choose to use oil, toss the un-popped corn, olive oil and salt, in the paper bag. Otherwise, simply place un-popped corn in the bag, then fold the top of the bag over twice (tape it if you’re worried about spillage). I taped mine because I’m a worrier.
2. Place the bag in the microwave and microwave on high for 2 minutes to 3 minutes, or until there are about 5 seconds between pops.
3. Carefully remove bag from microwave and give it a good shake to coat the popcorn with any loose salt. If you didn’t use oil, pour the popcorn into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings like melted butter, seasonings (have you tried pepper on popcorn? YUM!) or eat it all by it’s gloriously low-calorie popped self.