Bananas are the one fruit that I wait, with enthusiasm, to go bad! Ok, maybe not bad, but real brown and soft. This bread, found at Savory Sweet Life hit the spot with just enough sweetness from the chocolate and the bananas kept it soft and moist. The perfect combo for a dessert bread, in my not so humble opinion. The recipe below makes two loaves; we broke into one and froze the other for another day.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan, with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Stir in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour. Mix everything until well incorporated. Add chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan(s) and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow bread to rest in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Invert the loaf pans onto a cooling rack.
Did you enjoy this recipe, the photos found here, or Good Stuff in general? Head over to Facebook and like the page! When you Share a recipe (using the social media buttons below each post) with friends and family you’re helping to make the world a better place. And it makes me happy. Mostly it makes me happy. It also helps me, and all the other food blogs used here, to keep doing what we love doing here; sharing good food. Thanks for visiting! – Shanna