source: All Recipes
I didn’t change a thing about this recipe, except adding in the blueberries. I love LOVE buttermilk pancakes. I love the texture, the flavor and the smell. It’s just a homey, comfort-food kind of thing that you can’t go wrong with on a Sunday morning. If you want to make this the night before, just keep the dry ingredients separate from the wet, until you’re ready to cook; and not that you need me to tell you but keep the wet stuff refrigerated if you’re storing it over night.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup un-salted butter
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, melt the butter in the microwave, then add buttermilk, milk and eggs and whisk together.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it’s ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk together until it’s just blended together. Do not over whisk! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Makes approximately 24 pancakes