Modified and simplified from Our Best Bites, this rustic looking dish was really easy to prepare and full of intense flavors with all the herbs as promised
- 10 chicken tenders
- 2 lemons (you’ll be zesting these so put zest in a small bowl before slicing it for the juice)
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 lb Fettuccine
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese (or mozzarella etc)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup oregano, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Place chicken in a zip-lock bag with the juice of one (already zested) lemon, a couple tablespoons of olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Mix, then set the bag aside while you get your other things ready (or refrigerate till you’re ready to cook).
2. Boil water for the pasta and while that’s heating, drizzle each zucchini half with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper then sprinkle minced garlic on each half.
3. Place chicken and zucchini (cut-side down) on the grill.
4. Prepare pasta according to directions on package.
5. Zest the second lemon then juice it and add the juice to the zest of the first lemon.
6. When zucchini and chicken are done take them off the grill and roughly chop.
7. Drain pasta reserving about 1/2 cup of the water. Add lemon juice & zest, chopped chicken, chopped zucchini and chopped herbs. Give it a toss to coat the pasta with the juices.
Dish this gorgeous pasta into a bowl and sprinkle liberally with the shredded cheese! Yuumm!! This served 3 kiddos, myself and hubby with enough left over for two huge bowls of pasta the next day for lunch!