Adapted from All Recipes
- 12 chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 cucumber, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds spooned out, then sliced again into bite-sized chunks
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) mini bowtie pasta
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 3 avocados, split, pitted and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 packet Ranch Dip mix (you’ll only use 1 1/2 cups of the dip)
- 2 cups sour cream
Marinate chicken in steak sauce for at least 30 minutes. The longer the better, up to a day.
1. In a large bowl, mix Ranch packet with sour cream. To about 1 1/2 cups of the dip, add sliced tomatoes & cucumber; set aside.
2. Grill chicken until no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove from grill, and chop into bite-size pieces.
3. Add bouillon to a large pot of boiling water then add pasta. Cook according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
4. Add chicken and pasta to bowl with Ranch, tomatoes and cucumber. Add avocados last or to each individual bowl to prevent mashing it up in the salad (and also avoids allowing the avocado to brown in the salad). Cover, and refrigerate until chilled – or if you’re like me, just eat it up! This made enough for my family of five with enough left over for at least two more adult servings.