Doesn’t that give you a warm, homey feeling when you read the name of this recipe? Me too! It was good, really fast and easy. Also? It made enough for at least one more night of this dish, eliminating one entire night of cooking for me. Thank you All-Recipes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- taco seasoning mix*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 18 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, onion and green chili peppers.
2. Sauté until browned, then add taco seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and juices have been absorbed.
3. In a medium bowl mix sour cream, cottage cheese & half the Monterey Jack. Season with salt and pepper; stir until well blended.
4. Pour just enough enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish.
5. In each tortilla place a small spoonful of meat mixture and a spoonful of cheese mixture. Roll tortillas and place in dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, and olives.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.