Chicken Mango Shish KabobJust plain-good summer eats! Easy too, except for the time it took to load each skewer…but since I make The Man do that…well, you get the idea.
- skewers – about 25
- 12 chicken tenders, unfrozen
- 1 pack McCormick Grill Mates (I used Mojito Lime)
- 1/4 oil
- 1/4 water
- 2 Tablespoons wine or white vinegar
- 5 mangos, chopped large*
- 1 red pepper, chopped large
- 1 green pepper, chopped large
- 1 can pineapple rings, cut into quarters
- 1 pack sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped large (I like to use a red onion but you can use whatever kind you have)
- Following the instructions on the Grill Mates pack, marinate your thawed chicken tenders. When you’re ready to assemble the kabobs, cut the tenders into large chunks using kitchen shears.
- Assemble the kabobs alternating between each of the ingredients on each skewer.
- Grill for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
*If you love mangos but hate the time it takes to cut them, find yourself a mango splitter (I found mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond, but have seen them on Amazon)! It looks similar to an apple slicer and removes the pit leaving two halves of the mango. Watch this video for instruction on how to easily slice the mango into pieces. No, that’s not me in the video, but she does show how to get the fruit from the skin once it’s been split. After you score the fruit, I used a spoon to scoop it out instead of “plucking” it like they showed.