We had fish for dinner, and this was a great side dish to go with it!
What You Need:
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 TBS butter, divided
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP pepper
What You Do:
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of broth to a boil; remove from heat and add cranberries; set aside
- In a large saucepan, add remainder of the broth and 4 TBS butter- bring to a boil
- Add brown rice; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes, or until rice is tender (drain if necessary)
- In a small skillet, melt the remainder of the butter and sauté’ the almonds until slightly brown.
- In a serving bowl, combine rice, cranberry mixture, almonds, salt, and pepper