The cold hard truth of this recipe is, I’ve never made salmon. I mean, it’s fish, so what are the odds that it’d be appetizing to the kids, let alone myself. BUT with all the healthy benefits I figured I’d better at least give it a try. As usual, the easier the better is my mantra when it comes to cooking and this couldn’t have been more simple! The salmon filets were individually wrapped in the freezer section and to thaw out I just placed them all in the sink full of hot water for a few minutes, cut open and had The Man toss them on the grill and season!
- 5 (4 ounce) fillets salmon (or 1 filet per person)
- Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz. plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
Mix Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside (don’t let the mayo sit out for long – the time it takes to fry up the filets is fine!)
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet.
- Arrange each filet, single layer, in skillet and season with salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip and season other side. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl. Serve with salmon.
Directions for Grill:
- Place salmon on grill, sprinkle with salt and Cajun seasoning
- Cook for 4 minutes on medium; flip and sprinkle other side with seasoning and salt
- While the fish is grilling, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl. Serve with salmon.
I served this with broccoli, cauliflower and long grain & wild rice.