My best friend Jenna stayed with me this week and one of her requests was for me to allow her to make dinner for my family while she was here. Seriously. An entire dinner made for us in my kitchen and all I had to do was drink liquor while she cooked. I couldn’t refuse such a treat! The skin was beautifully browned as it cooked and it made the house smell soooo good. It gave us tons for dinner and enough meat for several sandwiches on the days that followed this tasty meal that I didn’t have to cook!
- One whole chicken
- two large lemons
- one bunch fresh rosemary
- one half of a small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (15 oz) can chicken broth
- garlic powder, sea salt, cracked black pepper
Bribe Jenna to your house, with wine, and ask her to make you this fabulous dinner!
Wait patiently for her to fill in the directions below…Thanks, Jenna, this was FABULOUS!!
*This is Jenna 🙂
Here’s what you do-
- Pre-heat oven to *275
- rinse chicken with cold water (be sure to remove giblets)
- place in baking dish
- put the garlic cloves and onion half inside the chicken
- squeeze the juice of two lemons over each side of chicken; place the rinds inside of the chicken
- sprinkle to taste with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- use 2/3 of the rosemary; strip, and sprinkle the chicken with the herb
- stuff the rest of the rosemary (including stalks) inside the chicken
- bake for two hours; baste the chicken- baste the chicken every thirty minutes for two more hours, or until done