Source: Delicious Meliscious. It was adapted for what I had on hand and was in the mood for.
If you find that you’re the only one in your house that loves chocolate (like me) this is a nice alternative to a “death by chocolate” cake recipe. With a hint of vanilla, it compliments the chocolate without overwhelming the taste buds!
- 1 (18.25 ounces) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Yoplait Very Vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350*
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (I use cooking spray).
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Pour in eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool.
- To remove cake from pan, a rubber or silicone spatula can be slid down the large fluted edges and this is usually sufficient to help release the cake. To remove the cake, place a large plate over the Bundt pan and while holding the plate in place, invert the pan, the cake should drop unto the plate.