Source: Eat at Home
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana (about 4 medium bananas) 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoons orange peel
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl till there aren’t any lumps.
- In a large bowl, blend together butter and cream cheese.
- Blend in the sugar till creamy, then the eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add them to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into 2 well-greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes. (I cooked mine for 75 minutes – the edges were just about to get too brown so the time made me nervous and I removed them from the oven. The inside was perfect!) Remove loaves from pan onto a cookie rack to cool.
For Glaze: Start with less than the 3 Tablespoons of orange juice, stirring it into the powdered sugar until you get a nice consistency (about that of Elmer’s glue). I recommend waiting to make the glaze until just before serving over the bread.