Source: My Kitchen Cafe, adapted slightly
**This recipe requires marinating the chicken for 3 hours so plan ahead**
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (smashed with the back of a large knife or saucepan)
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning (you could cut this down to 1 1/2 teaspoons if you want less heat. I left it at 1 Tablespoon and the kids didn’t mention it being hot at all.)
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (I’m a reduced sodium soy sauce convert after trying it in the Sesame Noodles)
- 10-12 chicken tenders
Combine the marinade ingredients in a Ziploc plastic bag. Add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate 3-12 hours.
- 1 lb. linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest from one lemon
- juice from one lemon (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2. Combine juice of one lemon, lemon zest, olive oil, green onions, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley together in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. While the chicken is cooking, prepare linguine according to package directions; drain and add to pan with chicken. Pour lemon juice/olive oil/green onion mixture over pasta and mix well. Serve warm.