1/2 lb. thin sliced black forest ham
1 large can pineapple tidbits–drained
8-10 slices of provolone cheese
honey mustard sauce or dressing (i use ken’s honey mustard dressing)
1 egg–slightly beaten, then add 2 tsp. water–makes an egg wash
pizza dough (or buy a premade pizza crust dough):
2 1/4 tsp. (one packet) yeast
1 T sugar
1 1/4 cup warm water
2 tsp. salt
1 T oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1. dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in kitchen aid mixing bowl. add salt, oil, and flour. mix on speed 2 until dough gathers into a ball.
2. place ball of dough in greased bowl. cover and let rise in a warm place (oven with light on) until doubled (about 1 hour).
3. remove from oven and turn out onto a floured surface. flour the top of the dough and roll out into a large rectangle.
**preheat oven to 400**
4. top with ham (leaving about 1-1 1/2 in. from edge clear), drizzle with honey mustard (as desired), lay out provolone slices, and then sprinkle pineapples on top.
5. brush the inch or so ring of untopped crust with egg wash (this will act as a glue), and begin rolling up your stromboli…(using my picture as a reference i would roll from the top/back to the bottom/front)…making a LONG stromboli (NOT the width). hope that makes sense!
6. brush top of stromboli with remaining egg wash and cover loosely with a lightly greased piece of foil.
7. bake at 400 for 20 minutes, then remove foil. continue baking 10-20 more minutes until crust is golden brown. let cool for 5 minutes, then slice and ENJOY!