- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 pound spinach, rinsed & dried
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 can mandarin oranges, well drained & cut in halves
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir almonds over medium heat until lightly browned, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat, and let cool. Repeat with sesame seeds.
- Add spinach, cranberries, oranges, and cooled almonds to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over spinach mixture just before serving; toss to coat evenly.