- 10 chicken tenderloins
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian dressing (packet)
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 the garlic, and Italian dressing mix. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. While still in skillet using your spatula, break the meat apart into bite size pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to directions; drain.
3. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Sauté onion, 1/2 of the minced garlic and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until just under a simmer on medium heat. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Pour fettuccine into the skillet with chicken mixture, toss gently and serve.