Ingredients for Beef
1 5 lb. rump roast
3 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
1. Place roast in slow cooker, and pour all other ingredients over roast.
2. Cover, and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 4 to 5 hours. When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork.
1. Sauté mushrooms in generous amounts of butter (more or less depending on how many mushrooms you use – for a whole package I used 3 tablespoons then had a lot of sautéed mushrooms to eat on the side!)
2. While the mushrooms sauté, slice the rolls lengthwise and toss under the broiler face up to make them toasty – watch carefully so they don’t burn. Thinly slice peppers and onions.
3. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
3. Toss peppers and onions into pan you used for mushrooms with leftover butter and sauté till the onions are transparent.
4. Layer shredded roast, vegetables, mushrooms & cheese onto toasted rolls.
5. Re-broil until cheese is bubbly and warm
Try Leftover Roast Chili to use up the leftover roast!