We had a church party on Friday night and I needed to take a dessert. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and made a few adjustments. They such a hit that I didn’t even get a chance to take a picture of them! I might make these in the place of chocolate chip cookies in the future!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips — I used 1 package of chocolate chips and 1 package peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla and water; beat until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Press into 2 greased 9-in. x 13-in. baking pans. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.