Oh joyous comfort food! This is a classic through and through. Simple, budget friendly and just plain good.
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 pkg. fresh mushrooms
- 1 (ish) cup crushed potato chips (I say ish because I love salty chips so I crushed up a bunch more)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onions, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms. Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish, and top with remaining cheese then crushed potato chips.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly & chips are golden brown.