- 1 pound whole-wheat thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper (WHEW! I only added 1 tsp. and it was very good but very spicy – if you’re making this for kids I’d reduce to 1/4 teaspoon or omit all together)
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, divided (green tops of green onions)
- 1 bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- Cook spaghetti until just tender, according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large serving bowl, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, vinegar, crushed red pepper, scallions (or onions) – set aside.
- Once pasta is done, remove from heat, drain well then pour soy sauce mixture into pan and mix gently.
Pour noodles into serving dish and toss gently with vegetables tossing with sesame & chia seeds.